- Truck Accidents
- Brain Injury
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Personal Injury
- Super Lawyer
- Top Ten Attorney
- Litigator of the Year
- National Law Journal Top 100 Verdict
- Lawyers of Distinction
Certified Legal Specialties
- Truck Accident Law, NBTA (NM and IL), 2022
Maxey Scherr founded Scherr Law Firm in 2022. She has litigated over 40 jury trials resulting in multi-figure verdicts across the board. Her areas of expertise include trucking accidents, wrongful death claims, traumatic brain injuries, and catastrophic injuries.
Ms. Scherr is a member of various boards and organizations and currently serves as the Co-Chair of the Women's Caucus and Board of Regents member with the ATAA, is on the Texas State Bar Committee on the Administration of the Rules of Evidence, is a member of the American Association for Justice and sits on the Women's Rights Commission for the City of El Paso.
Through the years, Ms. Scherr's efforts have garnered many accolades. Most notably, Ms. Scherr is a "Super Lawyer," a "Top Ten Attorney," receives numerous "Litigator Awards" and has various National Law Journal Top 100 Verdicts.
Ms. Scherr is licensed in Texas, New Mexico and Illinois and graduated from Texas Tech School of Law. She received her bachelor's degree in Psychology from the University of Massachusetts-Boston with magna cum laude honors and undertook postgraduate work in Neuroscience at Harvard University.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- Harvard University
- Major: Master's Work: Neuroscience
- University of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts
- Major: Psychology
- Texas, 2009
- New Mexico, 2010
- Illinois, 2015
- ATAA, Board of Regents, 2022 to Present
- ATAA, Co-Chair of Woman's Caucus, 2022 to Present
- Texas State Bar, Rules of Evidence Committee Member, 2020 to Present
- El Paso Woman's Rights Commission, Member, 2022 to Present
- American Association for Justice, Trucking Litigation Group, TBI Group, Women's Caucus, 2016 to Present
- Scherr Law Firm Secures $10.65 Million Verdict In Firm's First Trial, The plaintiff, a 28-year old Swift Transportation female truck driver, suffered a permanent traumatic brain injury, among other medical conditions, when a semi-trailer door came crashing down on the back of her head on September 27, 2017., 2023
- Sought damages for a minor child who suffered a traumatic brain injury., Previous attorney was unable to get case resolved at low five-figure amount before case was transferred to Maxey Scherr. After Ms. Scherr began working this case, the defense hired a multitude of experts to defeat the claims. Ultimately, this was unsuccessful for the defense and case concluded in a confidential large settlement.
- Litigated against a major trucking corporation in which the driver caused a multicar collision., Concluded in a confidential large settlement and admission of gross negligence by trucking corporate representative once egregious falsification of log issues exposed and uncovered by Ms. Scherr.
Select Classes & Seminars
- Working with Standard of Care Experts, Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, 2020
- Research/Obtaining Evidence Outside the Discovery Process, Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, 2021
- Corporate Representatives: Drafting the Notice and Taking the Desposition, Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, 2022
- Establishing Your Own Firm, Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, 2022
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: What a Jury needs to Hear in Order for your client to Recover , AAJ
- Fighting for the Value of a Child's Brain: What's the Difference in a Few Zeroes, AAJ, 2016
- Black Letter Law: Opening Statements, NTLD, 2023
- Scherr Legate, Partner, 2008 to 2021